Consultation on the intended content of the Neighbourhood Plan for
How will Pool-in-Wharfedale develop in the future?
What are issues of planning that affect the character of the village, road safety and amenities?
To provide guidance for future planning applications that respect the identity and character of Pool and the agreed vision of its community the Parish Council decided to develop a Neighbourhood Plan for Pool. The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group - comprising parish councillors, resident volunteers and a local ward councillor - has been working hard on the content of the Plan since 2014. Through five surveys and many consultation events with the residents of Pool you were able to feed into the development of the Neighbourhood Plan.
Based on this input the Steering Group has developed the intended content for the Neighbourhood Plan (a so-called Policy Intentions Document), which provides an initial indication of the planning policies the Parish Council would like to see in force over the next 10 years up to 2028.
The policy intentions have been drawn up based on the feedback we have had. We now need to know whether or not you agree with them by completing the questionnaire.
- Please read the attached Pool Neighbourhood Plan Policy Intentions Document AND
- fill out and return the enclosed questionnaire. (You can fill out an online version of the questionnaire here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PIWPID2017)
You have several options to return the questionnaire:
- We will collect it from you on or after 7th October OR
- You can fill out an online version of the questionnaire here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/PIWPID2017 OR
- You can drop it in at the Post Office in Pool AND/OR
- You can come to one of the three drop-in sessions, which will be held in support of the consultation (members of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group will be on hand to provide further information and answers to questions on the Plan you might have):
- Pool Village Memorial Hall - Saturday 23rd September, 11:30 - 14:00
- Pool Village Social Club Café - Friday 6th October, 08:30 - 10:30
- Old Pool Bank Village Hall - Monday 9th October, 18:00 - 19:30 (Prior to Pool PC meeting)
This is an important plan for the future of Pool-in-Wharfedale. Please find some time over the next month to read and have your say on it, so that the plan reflects the views of the community.
Following this consultation, the intention is to move to the statutory consultation on a final Neighbourhood Plan during the first half of next year, after which the plan will be submitted to Leeds to organise an independent examination. We anticipate that the plan will come into force sometime in 2019, subject to a referendum of all parishioners.
Chair of Parish Council & Chair of Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
You can also contact us on 07976 562107 or at firstname.lastname@example.org